The counselling for TS ICET to fill Master of Business Administration (MBA) seats in the management institutes and colleges of Telangana State will commence around the first week of July. The eligibility of candidates is decided by cutoff ranks acquired by them according to their performance in TS ICET exam. The counselling is held in four stages.
Following steps are involved in the counselling process of TS ICET:
- Firstly, all the shortlisted candidates have to report to the help centres for document verification.
- Based on the preferences entered by candidates and availability of seats and merit, suitable seats will be allotted to admit students.
- Candidates allotted seats will have to pay the requisite fee and report to the college allotted to them.
Stages of TS ICET Counselling
The counselling is conducted in four stages.
- Document Verification
- Option Entry
- Seat Allotment
- Payment of fees and self-reporting
Stage 1: Document Verification
Candidates need to attend the document verification in person at the help centres. It is mandatory for all candidates to participate in document verification. During document verification, the Aadhaar card details will be verified.
Candidates from General category who has secured 50 percent in Graduation or equivalent examination are eligible for admission. 45 percent is the minimum qualifying score for candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category students. The processing fee is Rs. 1,000 for General category, while it is Rs. 500 for SC/ ST category. This fee has to be paid at the time of document verification at the help centre.
All original certificates and 2 sets of Xerox copies of the following are needed to complete the verification process:
- TS ICET Rank Card
- TS ICET Hall Ticket
- Aadhaar Card
- Degree marks memos & pass certificate
- Intermediate or its equivalent Memo-cum-Pass Certificate
- SSC or its equivalent Marks memo
- IX to Degree Study Certificates
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Income Certificate, Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Physically Challenged (PH) / National Cadet Corps (NCC)/ Children of Armed Forces Personnel (CAP)/ Sports and Games/ Minority certificate, if applicable.
- Residence certificate of either of parents in Telangana for a period of 10 years in case of Non-local candidates.
- Residence certificate of candidates for a period of 7 years preceding to qualifying examination in case where the candidate has no institutionalised education.
It is mandatory for the candidates to attend the certificate verification process and the Aadhaar Details (fingerprint Biometric) will be verified with the UIDAI at the Help Line Centres. PH (Physically Handicapped), CAP (Children of Armed Personnel), Anglo- Indian, Sports & Games, NCC (National Cadet Corps) should attend for Certificate Verification only at Sankethika Vidya Bhavan, Masab Tank, Hyderabad, as per the dates are given in the Schedule.
Stage 2: Option Entry
Once the document verification is successful, candidates can proceed to option entry. Exercising options is basically the selection of colleges where they wish to join. Candidates are advised to go through the college profile, availability of courses, duration of the course, job prospects before exercising their options.
- Candidates have to generate the password. For this, click on the ‘Candidates registration’ tab to generate the password. Enter details like ROC form number, TS ICET Hall Ticket number, rank and date of birth.
- After completing the registration and generating the password, click on candidates login for exercising the options.
- Now enter login ID, hall ticket number, password and date of birth and click on ‘Sign in’.
- Select one or more districts for display of college in those districts.
- Click on ‘Display Option Entry form’.
- The university colleges, girl colleges, and minority institutions are displayed in different colours.
- Candidates have to enter their admit card number.
- Enter the option numbers in the boxes on the screen against the colleges.
- Click on save options at regular intervals.
- After entry of options, click on logout button.
Stage 3: Seat Allotment
The allotments will be processed as per merit, category, gender, local area and special reservation. To download the allotment order, enter the login ID number, Hall ticket number, password and Date of Birth.
Stage 4: Fee payment and self-reporting
Candidates have to pay the requisite fee to accept his allotment through self-reporting system. Click on ‘Accept my joining’. Following this, a joining report containing the admission number is generated. Candidates have to take its printout and submit along with the allotment order at the defined college.
Process of Participating in Subsequent Phases
If candidates have not participated in previous phases of counselling, then they can participate as a fresh candidate by attending certificate or document verification at one of the help centres.
If no seat is allotted in the previous phase of the counselling, candidates can participate in the next phase.
If a seat is allotted and candidates have not accepted the joining then the allotted seat will be cancelled and will be treated as a vacancy to be filled later. Candidates can participate in the counselling but are eligible to join new college allotted in the second phase and cannot claim for the previous allotment.
If a candidate has paid the fee, accepted the joining and reported at the allotted college, they can still participate in the subsequent rounds of counselling. If a seat is allotted as per new option, then the first allotment will be cancelled and candidates will be moved to the new allotted college.
Process of Cancellation of Seat
If candidates want to withdraw or cancel the allotted seat, at the end of the counselling process, they can do so before a stipulated date. For this, candidates have to approach the Convener in person or by registered post and have to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled in application for cancellation of allotted seat
- Original receipt of certificates issued at the time of certificate verification at helpline centre
- Latest provisional allotment order
- Receipt of fee payment
- Request letter for cancellation of allotted seat by the candidate.