Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai conducts national entrance exam, Pre-Interview Test or Group Discussion and Personal Interview. You need to register online for the exam.
After TISSNET result is declared, TISS, Mumbai announces the list of short-listed candidates for the next round of the selection procedure.
1. Nation Entrance Exam (TISSNET)
First, you need to qualify TISSNET exam. To qualify, you need to obtain at least 35% (for SC/ST) and 45% (for others) in the exam. Candidates who qualify are called for the second round of the selection process.
2. Pre-Interview Test or Group Discussion (PIT-GD)
This is the second stage of the selection procedure. TISS also checks the analytical ability and communication skills of the candidates through a pre-interview test and group discussion.
3. Personal Interview (PI)
In order to know a candidate better before offering admission, TISS organises personal interviews. In this round, candidates are generally asked about their academics, work experience (if any), goals in life, current affairs, etc.
|Pre-Interview Test/Group Discussion||50|
Candidates selected for admission will have to submit the following documents:
- Scanned copies of paid fees challan (fees can be paid at any SBI branch)
- Admission acceptance letter
- Mark sheets of X, XII and all the semesters of Bachelor’s degree
- Caste and Income certificate for SC / ST / OBC candidates