Quadrilateral: Square & Rectangle
A square has four equal sides and four equal angles (90 degree angles or right angles). A rectangle is a quadrilateral with 4 right angles. It is similar to square except that its sides are not equal.
Perimeter of Square
Perimeter of the square is 4 times the length of the side. For a square of length L, perimeter = 4 * L
Area of Square
Area of square is the square of length of the side. Area = L * L
Properties of Square
- The diagonals of a square bisect each other and meet at right angles (90 degrees)
- The diagonals of a square bisect its angles
- The diagonals of a square are perpendicular
- Opposite sides of a square are both parallel and equal in length
- All four angles of a square are equal. (every angle of a square is a right angle)
- The diagonals of a square are equal.
A rectangle is a quadrilateral with 4 right angles. It is similar to square except that its sides are not equal.
Perimeter of Rectangle
Perimeter of the rectangle is sum of the length of its sides. Perimeter = 2 * (Length + Breadth)
Area of Rectangle
Area of rectangle is multiplication of its length and breadth. Area = Length * Breadth
Properties of Rectangle
- All angles are right angles (90 degrees)
- Opposite sides are parallel and equal.
- Diagonals bisect each other.