Each of the following questions is followed by two statements. Select,
- (a), if the question can be answered with the help of statement I alone,
- (b), if the question can be answered with the help of statement II alone,
- (c), if both, statement I and statement II are needed to answer the question, and
- (d), if the statement cannot be answered even with the help of both the statements.
1. If R is a integer between 1 & 9, P - R = 2370, what is the value of R?
- I. P is divisible by 4.
- II. P is divisible by 9.
2. A man distributed 43 chocolates to his children. How many of his children are more than five years old?
- I. A child older than five years gets 5 chocolates.
- II. A child 5 years or younger in age gets 6 chocolates.
3. Ramu went by car from Calcutta to Trivandrum via Madras, without any stoppages. The average speed for the entire journey was 40 kmph. What was the average speed from Madras to Trivandrum?
- I. The distance from Madras to Trivandrum is 0.30 times the distance from Calcutta to Madras.
- II. The average speed from Madras to Trivandrum was twice that of the average speed from Calcutta to Madras.
4. x, y and z are three positive odd integers, Is x + z divisible by 4?
- I. y - x = 2
- II. z - y = 2
5. The unit price of product P1 is non-increasing and that of product P2 is decreasing. Which product will be costlier 5 years hence?
- I. Current unit price of P1 is twice that of P2.
- II. 5 years ago, unit price of P2 was twice that of P1.
6. X is older than Y, Z is younger than W and V is older as Y. Is Z younger than X?
- I. W may not be older than V
- II. W is not older than V
7. How long did Mr. X take to cover 5000 km journey with 10 stopovers?
- I. The ith stopover lasted i2 minutes.
- II. The average speed between any two stopovers was 66 kmph.
8. Is it more profitable for Company M to produce Q?
- I. Product R sells at a price four times that of Q.
- II. One unit of Q requires 2 units of labour, while one unit of R requires 5 units of labour. There is a no other constraint on production.