The cutoff of AP ICET is the minimum qualifying marks that candidates have to score to be eligible for the admission process. The cutoff is released by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE) after the declaration of result. All participating institutions accepting scores of AP ICET will release their individual cutoff to give candidates an overview of the required marks to qualify for the counselling rounds.
AP ICET cutoff will also specify their acquired ranks in the state level entrance test for admission to Andhra Pradesh’s B-Schools in MBA programmes. The scores of AP ICET will be considered at the time of preparing the cutoff list as per the respective policies of the B-Schools.
Factors Influencing AP ICET Cutoff
Candidates must know the factors taken into consideration while preparing the AP ICET cutoff in order to better assess their chances of qualifying for the counselling. The factors are listed below:
- Total Number of students
- Availability of seats
- Reservation of seats
- Previous year cutoff trends
- Difficulty level of examination
- Marking scheme
- Performance of the candidates
- Lowest and average marks scored by candidates
Cutoff List Preparation Guidelines
The exam conducting authority, Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE), has prescribed certain guidelines for the preparation of AP ICET Cutoff list.
- The total marks of AP ICET are 200. General candidates have to qualify the cutoff of 25 percent marks (50 marks out of 200).
- No qualifying marks have been prescribed for SC and ST categories.
In case more than one candidate scores the same marks, a tie-breaker will be applied. The criteria for tie-breaker is as follows:
- Marks scored in section A will be considered.
- If the tie still persists, marks obtained by candidate in section B will be referred for tie-breaking.
- In case the tie still continues, the tie will be resolved by taking into consideration the age of the candidate. Older candidates will be given preference.