Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a National Entrance Test conducted by All India Management Aptitude Testing Service (AIMATS), for admission to MBA and equivalent programmes of the various participating institutes. AIMA-MAT is conducted 4 times a year in February, May, September and December. The list of institutes that use the AIMA-MAT results varies from test to test.
AIMA MAT exam is held in two formats. You have option for taking MAT either as paper based or computer based test.
Important Dates for May Exam
- Last Date to Apply: 25 April, 2017
- Paper Based Test: 7 May, 2017
- Computer Based Test: 13 May, 2017 onwards
Important Dates for February Exam
- Last Date to Apply: 31 October, 2016
- Paper Based Test: 5 February, 2017
- Computer Based Test: 10 February, 2017 onwards
You should be graduate in any discipline. You can also apply even if you are in the final year.
The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. There are five sections:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
However, the scores are given on the basis of the first four sections only. The total marks is 800. However, the scores of the Indian and Global Environment, or the General Knowledge section is not considered by the B-schools. Generally, the cut-off of the exam ranges for 500 and more score which is 50 percentile and above.