The XAT exam is divided into two parts. Part A is of 2 hours and 20 minutes duration which consists of Quantitative Ability, English Language Ability & Logical Reasoning and Decision Making. Part B of the exam consists of Essay Writing and General Awareness. Duration of this section is 40 minutes. Questions in General Awareness is from Business, Economics and Politics related to Business Environment. You have to attempt both essay as well as General Awareness section. Total duration of XAT is of 3 hours.
|Part A||140 minutes|
|English and LR|
|Part B||40 minutes|
Points to Note
- Number of questions varies from year to year.
- Number of choices for each question is five.
- There is negative marking (1/4) for wrong answers.
- XAT paper contains differential marking, so you must read the instructions carefully.
- GK Section in Part B has been introduced from 2013.
- Duration has been increased by 20 minutes for Part A from 2013.
XAT Previous Year Paper Pattern
|Paper||No. of Questions (Part A)||Marks|